Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Friday, September 6, 2013

Getting in the Groove

At home in Fort Worth (actually, we are already enroute to Red Bay, but I'm still trying to catch up my posts...)


Another bonus of retirement is finally having the opportunity to take care of those piddling little chores that I put off because of lack of time or energy--since those things were always usurped by work.

One of those nagging chores was a cleanup of my desk area in our study. I won’t show you a ‘before’ photo because it would be too embarrassing.  It should suffice to say that the surface area was not recognizable before starting the project.  And now, voila! My desk has never looked better, and the sense of accomplishment is a rush.  (I know, it’s not that big a deal but, for retirees, whose influence in the business world is largely over, we celebrate small things.) See how quickly I’m adjusting to my new life? 



(Not sure why the yellow tint; the room is beige, but I couldn’t seem to correct it with Picasa.)

4 comments:

  1. nice job..now go put your feet up, you are retired, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I was both sad and happy when I cleaned up the studio for the last time. Mess = Productivity in my world. Clean = freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting rid of the clutter has been an ongoing chore since we came home in February, but that was mostly just to get "our space" back. Getting more anal the older I get it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cleaned up my computer area at home before we left on this trip. Believe me - it needed it!! It's still not as neat as yours. Looks good. Don't know if Picasa has a white balance correction but that is probably what you need for the photo. Check your camera setting for white balance...sometimes it can be off for flash pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.