Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Monday, July 13, 2015

Travel Day into Idaho

At Huskey's RV Park, Irwin, Idaho...

This will be a short post, as this was an uneventful travel day. We ate breakfast while en route, stopped for lunch at a ho-hum restaurant in Pocatello and then landed to spend the night at this small RV park about 50 miles from Jackson, Wyoming, as there was not a space to be had there.

This little burg boasts a population of 219 on the city limit sign, yet every space is filled in this RV park...must be the summer travel season or something! Since the nearest restaurant is eight miles away, we made a Thai-inspired salad with grilled chicken breast, one of our favorites.

The 250 miles we traveled today represented a normal distance for us. We could--and have--traveled a good deal farther in a day if necessary, but this amount seems just right for us. The big bus is not at all tiring to drive, as it floats silently along (the rear engine noise is inaudible in the cockpit). The big chairs are every bit as comfortable as our recliners at home, and Sandy's even has a power foot rest in addition to all the other power adjustments!  (I can confirm that she has taken some epic naps while we glide along.)With every convenience at hand, watching through an Imax-sized windshield to see new vistas unfold at every turn, I can't help but feel privileged, yet conflicted: While I wish everyone could have this experience, I selfishly hope they don't. I mean, just look at all the crowded RV parks I've mentioned!

Hmmm. On second thought, please disregard the preceding paragraph. I've changed my mind; you probably wouldn't enjoy this at all.

Thank you, Lord for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I do not appreciate it enough each day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.