Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

And...We're Off Again!

At Sunset Point RV Resort, Marble Falls, Texas...

Okay, enough of the downtime and chores; we're off again! 

This won't be anything like the epic tour of the western U. S. that we've just completed, however. We've been away for a long time, and we've got to see the grandkids before Sandy has to be institutionalized. I'm not much better, but someone has to remain stoic.

We have decided to meet Mason and Pryce along with their expendable parents (not really) in Marble Falls. Then we will travel to the little town of Burnet, Texas, where we will ride with them on the Thomas train under the auspices of the Austin Steam Train Association. Mason, like so many of his contemporaries, is completely ga-ga over everything Thomas. (If only I had thought of such a cash machine as the Thomas franchise.)

Sunset Point is a jewel of an RV park right on the shoreline of Lake LBJ near Marble Falls. We always enjoy the pristine grounds and relaxing views of the lake.





After their arrival, we treated the kids (as we call all of them) to lunch at the Bluebonnet Cafe, an institution in Marble Falls since 1929 and where patrons are almost always lined up to enter. 


I know my standards are higher than most, but I couldn't find much that was special about the place. The food was okay, about what I expected from a local cafe, but it was by no means exceptional. But it is popular. One caveat: I didn't try any pie, which is supposedly a mainstay.

Riding the Thomas train was a big deal for us and the boys, and we had a lot of fun seeing their excitement.  Here are a few photos:








If you have grandkids and they're into the Thomas thing, be sure and take them to one of the Thomas train rides. They will love it, and you will get all the credit.

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I do not appreciate it enough each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.