Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Cool Stuff and Tasty Treats We Find Along the Way

At La Hacienda RV Resort, Austin, Texas...

It can't have escaped your notice that I like gadgets. And good food, of course. So, I thought I would talk about both in this post. 

Steve and Jackie, parked in the space next door, were sporting a couple of Yeti insulated cups that they were raving about. Now I have been peripherally aware of Yeti products and their reputation for keeping things hot or cold, but I was also aware of their prices, which seemed a little beyond reason. I mean, really! Just how much improvement can be made over a Thermos or an Igloo, or whatever? Yet, somehow, I felt unfulfilled. Yes, I was Yeti-challenged. For those who remember the missile race during the cold war, I had a Yeti gap. 

Not wishing to continue being one of the Yeti have-nots, I took Sandy to a nearby Academy store. I knew she would not require any convincing to make a forty-dollar investment in my cup, because she would, of course, also get one. Now anything that would enhance her enjoyment of iced tea--which has been well documented here--would not be met with resistance. Presumably, the Yeti would make the ice last much longer--a prime requisite of someone so discriminating as she is in the art of iced-tea making. A quick swipe of the credit card, and two 30-ounce Yeti cups were ours.



And did they work as advertised? Oh my, yes! I did a test, filling mine with ice water and, 24 hours later, half the ice was still there! Beyond amazing. I can't imagine how it works, and with no condensation on the outside of the all-aluminum cup. Sandy is ecstatic.

I'm so good to her; I guess that takes care of Christmas--right, hon?

Okay, let's get to the food items. For some time, we have been sampling products at Trader Joe's, a left-coast grocery chain that is fairly new to the north Texas area where we live. They have a number of things we like, but two of our favorites are these:
 
Mini Cranberry Orange Scones


This is the scone outside the package. (It was the only one left.)

Bite-Size Everything Crackers; bet you can't eat just one.

Now I am aware that taste is a subjective thing. But good taste isn't; if you don't like these scones and crackers, there is something wrong with you. If you have a Trader Joe's favorite, let us know.

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I don't appreciate it enough each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.