Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Post With Some Teeth in It

At Sunset Shores RV Park, Willis, Texas...

I have been a bit incapacitated for a couple of days with an abscessed tooth. I had taken a break from my editing "job" for my friend Ed to work on another legitimate post to Phannie and Mae, but I haven't been able to do that either; I have difficulty concentrating with a toothache or any other kind of chronic pain. The result is that you are stuck with this whiny little piece; I'll have something a little more substantial when this is over.

I made a hasty trip to see my dentist, Dr. Novo Cain (sorry), a scrawny kid who could easily be my grandson. Somehow, he must have earned his DDS and MD when he was a baby, as he looks only about 18 now.

"You're getting a root canal!" he said, with way too little sympathy in his voice, which was still squeaky enough to make me think it had only recently changed. I figured his buoyancy was due to his realization that the next payment on his Mercedes was now a done deal. 

More later; I have to buy a Mercedes for Dr. Cain.

Thank you, Lord for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I don't appreciate it enough each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.