Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Adios, St. George

At Temple View RV Resort, St. George, Utah...

Aside from the sweltering heat, we have had a pleasant stay here in St. George. It is a city in which the residents take pride, with streets that are clean and wide, boasting numerous shopping areas, well-kept neighborhoods and nothing that caused any safety concerns. The topography around the city is typical of the desert area with multicolored buttes and mesas nearby. Here's a view of the city from an overlook north of town:



The city maintains a very nice desert garden on top of one of the buttes nearby:



We scored tickets to a local community theater that had ambitiously put together a production of "Singin' In The Rain" that was actually quite good. If you find yourself here, whether on purpose or due to bad judgment in the summer--like us--their theater group can afford some good entertainment at a bargain price:



During a hot busy day while we were here, the RV park had an electrical brownout of sorts, probably due to so many air conditioners on so many big rigs that came in for the holiday. Our EMS apparently sensed some anemic power coming into Phannie and knocked us off the grid for a time. When the brownout subsided, the system powered us up again, thankfully. If you don't have an EMS, you might want to reconsider. I know of some horror stories about fried electronics in some coaches, and that is easily preventable with one of these handy devices.

Next stop: Las Vegas. Yes, I know it's hot there, too. (I must be a masochist.)


Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I don't appreciate it enough each day.

I had rather own little and see the world than to own the world and see little of it. 
-- Alexander Sattler




8 comments:

  1. You will add a few degrees to what it was in St George. I don't think I would do it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that confirms it; I am a masochist. But there's no problem finding an RV space! LOL

      Delete
  2. I plan on being in Las Vegas the last week of Oct. Can't handle the heat like I used to. I sure liked SLC though and glad I found your blog before I went. Keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are smart for going later. We really hadn't planned on going through Vegas this time, but there are extenuating circumstances involving Phannie's electrical system that may need checking out. Otherwise, I would avoid the place at all cost this time of year. I'm glad you found my blog, too, and especially glad you found it useful. For some reason, I'm always surprised when I hear that. Happy trails to you, my friend.

      Delete
  3. You have survived and the EMS is a very necessary piece of protection for our rv's, ours has saved us a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, George. There are too many hazards awaiting not to have an operational EMS.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Henry! I'm so glad you get something from this rag, and I'm very appreciative to have you as a reader.

      Delete

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.