Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Friday, May 6, 2016

Annual Service: Phannie's in the Pink

At Red Bay RV Park, Red Bay, Alabama...

Before I get started, I have to tell you of some kind of hiccup that has happened with Blogger and the comments to my posts. I get e-mail notifications when someone comments, but the comments aren't appearing on the blog for some reason! I'm trying to figure this out, but it's not easy to get in touch with anyone. In the meantime, please know that I read each comment via email and, when they appear on the blog, I try to reply to each one. I hope this gets ironed out soon, but don't stop commenting!

This has been quite a week for Phannie. I don't think she's had this many upgrades since she was new to us. When we bought her, we added upgraded TVs, a TravLer satellite dish, an extra air conditioner, a surge protector and an electric cord reel. Later, we added MCD shades, upgraded cockpit chairs, cabinet modifications and retrofitted the lighting to LEDs. And there are still some things in the pipeline when we recover from the latest bill.

Phannie's poking and prodding ordeal came to a conclusion this week with her annual service completed at Bay Diesel here in Red Bay. We are very pleased with their work, as are all the other RV owners with whom I have spoken about them. They should know what they're doing, because they stay very busy servicing mostly Tiffin products, of course, due to their location near the factory. 


I spoke to the lead tech afterward, and he said everything looks good. Now, with fresh engine, transmission and generator fluids and filters, plus the other things done on the service schedule, Phannie is ready for (hopefully) another trouble-free year of travel. 

We will be leaving here on Saturday, headed for Jackson, Mississippi and then to San Marcos, Texas to attend another Tiffin Allegro Bluebonnet Club rally. 

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I don't appreciate it enough each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.