Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Water Droplets Falling From The Sky...What Is It?

Oh wait, now I remember...it's rain!  I can forget a lot in two months, and that's how long it's been since any of it fell here.  And, I might add that it hasn't been particularly helpful to read the blogs of you folks who are writing about your adventures in picturesque places while enjoying near-perfect weather.  


Oh, yes, the majority of you are blissfully unaware that your photos of mountain scenery and your reports of "chilly" mornings cause my brow to wrinkle and my eyes to narrow while I read.  You are forgiven.  But there are a few out there who know me and delight in posting about their idyllic settings entirely too often, seemingly just to needle me.  I know who you are, and I will get even.  (grin)


Then why do I keep reading, you may ask?  Well, it's sort of like watching Sandy parallel park; I know nothing good will come of it, but I feel compelled to watch the carnage anyway.


One thing this summer in Texas has instilled in my mind is that I'm going to try my best to be elsewhere when the next one comes along, so I can taunt with my blog the other poor slobs who can't escape.  


RANT WARNING:  And just for the record, I don't attribute any of this weather to global warming, which I think would be a laughable hoax if it were not for the thievery its proponents are exacting from us in the name of saving the planet.  The crowd promoting this lunacy seems mostly represented by smelly young indolent and vacuous malcontents with too many pierced appendages, influenced by too many Marxists in academia and courted by guileless politicians who need their votes to ensure further perpetuation of the nanny state.  They seem conveniently to forget that it was only a few decades ago that the big worry was that a new ice age was coming!  I don't deny that climate changes occur over the millennia, mostly due to natural effects, and I don't doubt that man's activity may affect localized conditions to a degree, but I would not be so full of hubris as to espouse the notion that we mere mortals could actually thwart with a few smokestacks the power and perfection of what our Creator waved into existence.  Give me a break.

3 comments:

  1. oh Mike..you would be in big trouble if you were my husband..good thing Sandy has a sense of humour!!!..at least Ihope she does!~..thanks for the smile today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comments about global warming!! Some people just seem to need to have a cause so they come up with one!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.