Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Catching up in Colorado Springs

At the Colorado Springs KOA...

One of the best things about being retired is being able to free up some time to reconnect with friends in distant places. Such was our experience in Colorado Springs this evening with Sandy's longtime high school friend Vicki and her sister, Phyllis. Until today, these were only cyber friends for me, but I quickly felt as though I had known them for a long time. 


The conversation never lagged with these merry souls, and we shared a lot of laughs over some really fine Mexican food at Hacienda Colorado. My favorite dish was, unfortunately for me, Sandy's--a trio of enchiladas (chicken, barbacoa and shrimp) ordered a la carte. If you should go there, you won't be disappointed if you order this. I know, because I stole several bites when Sandy wasn't looking.

Vicki has been a faithful follower of this blog, and I think she may be won over to RVing in the near future; we hope so.

Coming down off Raton Pass was done only reluctantly this morning, as it meant leaving behind the cool air and facing the ninety-plus temp of the Colorado plain as we pushed Phannie northward on I-25, paralleling the front range of the Rockies. Fortunately, an afternoon shower cooled things down nicely. I don't even think I perspired as I attached Phannie's umbilical cords for our three night stay here at the KOA. The park was very busy, as you might imagine, since it is the July 4th weekend.

Tomorrow, we will reconnect with Texas ex-pat friends Martha Jo and Dave. That will also be a fun time.

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I do not appreciate it enough each day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.